Travel hacks that you should try out on your next trip!
Do you love traveling? Is it something that you do on a regular basis, and if you had the opportunity you would do it even more often? Possibly you could do this if you consider making use of the following travel hacks, as they can help you save time as well as money. Apart from that any hassles and frustration can be avoided, to make your trip as smooth and as pleasurable as can be.
- Make the most of travel rewards – to do this you need to make sure that your credit cards can offer these rewards. Points add up fast, and in a relatively short period of time you may redeem them for a flight.
- Avoid booking flights on weekends – generally fares tend to go up on Fridays, and then they drop by Monday or Tuesday. So it is best to book midweek so as to get the lowest fares.
- Book directly – even though you may be tempted to use certain sites such as Traveloka Philippines, you may find that if you book on this site you will find cheap and reasonable travel deals which obviously save up a good amount of money.
- Scan your documents – it is a good idea to scan your passport, ID and driver’s license just in case. Email the scan to yourself and it will be there for sure in case you need it.
- Packing smartly – the luggage is an integral part of your trip. You need to be smart with the way you pack. For instance, you could stuff small items of clothing in your shoes, roll up clothes instead of fold them normally, and try to use packing cubes. Packing smartly will save you money and reduce cumbersomeness. It is also important to remember including a pen or two as you will need it to fill in certain forms as soon as you land. Keeping a couple of reusable water bottles is a good idea if you have little kids as the flight attendants can quickly fill them up. Kids tend to get thirsty often and at the worst times so they will come in handy. It is also a good idea to pack a power strip so that you will be able to charge as many devices as you want at the airport or in the hotel room.
- There are certain apps which are really great for travelers and most are free. They help you to stay organized and to keep all the important details handy.
- Most people tend to book hotels without thinking twice. But have you ever considered that it could be cheaper and more fun to rent a house. Some houses will have a private pool, several bedrooms and several luxurious details which will make your stay even more enjoyable.
- Stay away from those ridiculously priced car insurances that most rental companies offer. You may not be aware that some credit card companies actually offer car rental insurance.
These are some of the top travel hacks you should bear in mind when preparing for your next trip. We hope they will prove as helpful to you as they were to us and many other travelers. Enjoy!