Pahiyas festival has become one of the most anticipated festival which happens every 15th of May. Foreign and domestic tourists visit the small town of Lucban to witness the event and take photos of the decorated houses and streets. Houses are decorated with fruits, vegetables and the very colorful Kipings(rice flake/wafer). This is a wafer made of rice and shaped into a tree leaf. It varies in colors of pink, green and yellow. In addition to the colorful decorated houses, one of the highlights of the event would be the Santa Cruzan where beautiful young ladies will parade around town with their unique gowns created and designed by local designers.
The annual event called Pahiyas Festival in lucban quezon is celebrated in honor of their patron saint Isidore (San Isidro Labrador) and to give thanks for a bountiful harvest. Give yourself a break and once in a lifetime experience when you visit Lucban and participate in the Pahiyas Festival.
Best time to visit Lucban is during the Pahiyas Festival. Pahiyas Festival is celebrated every 15th of May. Meanwhile here is the updated schedule of activities of Pahiyas Festival 2013.
|May 10, 2013
|7:30 P.M.||Championship-9th Mayors’Cup
Basketball Tournament, Senior Division
|Roman Catholic Church
|May 11, 2013
|9:00 A.M.||Juego De Anillo||Quezon Avenue.
In front of Municipal
|May 12, 2013
|5:00 A.M.||Takbo sa Pahiyas
3K 10K 21K
|Lucban Diversion Road
|10:00 A.M.||Lalahan ng Buntal Festival||Rizal Park|
|May 13, 2013
|May 14, 2013
Higantes ng Lucban
|Along Pahiyas Route|
|May 15, 2013
|6:00 A.M.||Holy Mass
Pag-aalay ng Pasasalamat Kay San
|Roman Catholic Church|
|7:00 A.M.||Procession||Along Pahiyas Route|
|9:00 A.M.||Selection of Best Pahiyas||Along Pahiyas Route|
|2:00 P.M.||Grand Parade
Order of Parade
|Along Pahiyas Route|
|6:00 P.M.||Selection of the Best Pahiyas Kutitap||Along Pahiyas Route|
|7:00 P.M.||Smart Grand Night||Rizal Park|
|May 16, 2013 (Thursday)||2:00 P.M.||Awarding Of Pahiyas Contests
PHOTO BELOW: This is the most interesting food to eat of all kinds of pancit. It is the pancit habhab or pancit Lucban, the only Philippine pancit which can be eaten without plates.
THINGS TO DO DURING THE PAHIYAS FESTIVAL:
1. Treat yourself with a box of kiping.
2. Take pictures of decorated houses.
3. Acquaint yourselves with Lucban dishes such as the pancit habhab.
4. Lucban longanisa can be sold every corner. Take home one for pasalubong.
5. Explore nearby towns.
6. Visit Lucban Church.
7. Experience Lucban town at night.
8. Take home fruits and agricultural products.
9. Get a memorable drive and tour the Hands of Jesus Shrine ( Kamay ni Hesus Shrine).
10. Get to know other historical sites in town.
SMART TRAVEL TIPS DURING PAHIYAS FESTIVAL:
1. Find cheap hotels or accommodation and book ahead of time.
2. Pahiyas Festival at night is a great experience. I strongly suggest to witness the preparation of Pahiyas Festival. Colorful lanterns give a fascinating look at night.
3. Visit Tourism Assistance Center at the Municipal Hall for assistance.
4. Be very early to avoid heavy traffic.
HOW TO GET TO LUCBAN:
If you are commuting, one must hop on a bus going to Lucena City from the different bus terminals in Manila (Buendia and Taft Avenues in Manila; Araneta Center in Cubao, Quezon City and along EDSA Kamuning-Kamias). From Lucena City, head out to the Grand Central Terminal and take a jeepney bound for Lucban. Travel time from Manila to Lucban takes approximately three to four hours.