Tagaytay, one of the most popular tourist spots in the Philippines and also known as the summer capital of the country, is famous year round for its gorgeous spots, delicious cuisine and plethora of fun activities.
Located in the province of Cavite, Tagaytay is just a two-hour ride from Metro Manila and offers the luxury of a cool breezy climate to its visitors. With a spectacular view of Lake Taal and Taal Volcano Island, Tagaytay will definitely top your list of the must-see places to visit in the Philippines… read on to find out all you need to know to help you plan a memorable trip.
How to reach Tagaytay
Tagaytay is easily accessible by car, bus and van (all air conditioned) from Metro Manila, the main city centre. The swiftest option is a relaxed car ride by which you can reach the city from between one to one and a half hours.
The city also harbours plenty of local transportation such as fully air-conditioned buses and vans, the latter being slightly more expensive (approximately Php 180) but with a shorter travel time of just 2 hours. Buses are also a fun and budget-friendly option with a travel time of 3 hours and estimated fares of Php 80. Now that you’ve reached Tagaytay, where on Earth shall you stay? Well, the city offers luxurious hotels and residents for tourists to spend their holiday. From quiet getaways to a house full of puzzles – Tagaytay has something for everyone.
Places to stay
Elevate your trip by planning a stay at the enchanting Moon Garden Palace. Made up of darkly lit wooden pathways, an overgrown garden, and countless zigzagging archways, the resort provides a mysterious atmosphere, devoid of the usual clamour of tourists. The Moon Garden is perfect for those seeking a break from the busy city life and is looking to get in touch with Mother Nature.
Another relaxing resort just on the outskirts of Tagaytay is the Coffee Farmhouse – scattered with soothing hammocks under coffee trees, winding paths and vast gardens, a stay at this exotic resort will give you the rejuvenation you’ve yearned for so long. Other dazzling places to stay include the Puzzle House Mansion, The Boutique Bed and Breakfast Hotel, and much more.
SITES TO VISIT
• People’s Park in the Sky
Located in Mount Sungay, the Palace in the Sky is an incomplete presidential mansion and a famous historical site. When the mansion’s construction was abandoned the site became neglected and was later converted into a park for tourists. Surrounded by clouds on all sides the mansion gives a magical view to the visitors and even more so on sunny days when the entire city of Tagaytay is visible.
• Taal Volcano Island
Undoubtedly the major tourist attraction of Tagaytay, the volcano sits in the middle of Lake Taal which in turn rests on an island. The volcano itself is easily accessible via a boat ride from the beautiful town of Talisay which is just 15 minutes away from Tagaytay. Guided tour boats are frequently arranged for visits to the Volcano.
On arrival, tourists may feel free to embark upon rigorous hiking tours to conquer the volcano and embrace the spectacular views that the site has to offer.
• Sonya’s Garden
The fragrant Sonya Garden is another must-visit place, based just on the outskirts of Tagaytay. Initially a personal refreshment place for Sonya Garcia, the garden was soon expanded into a beautiful bed-and-breakfast and its natural splendour opened to tourists.
Covered in lush flowers and greenery of every shape, color and size the garden is truly a haven for nature lovers. The greenhouses are all open to visitors and each and every produce is organically grown, then served to the guests. The garden also hosts a mouth-watering bakery, which serves enough food to please bread lovers worldwide. Bathed in the scents of flora and rising bread, visitors can enjoy a heavenly visit (or stay) at the magnificent Sonya Gardens.
Aside from the above Tagaytay hosts a variety of scenic spots such as Picnic Grove, Puzzle Mansion, Our Nature Wellness Village and many more. Each of them offers their own rich history and a pleasant trip for the visitors… within the duration of a few weeks, you will fall in love with the beauty that this enchanting city has to offer.
Dining In Tagaytay
Philippines’’ summer capital is dotted with local farms and gardens offering fresh, organic bounty to their visitors. Restaurants in Tagaytay are also renowned for serving delicious local cuisine and a plethora of seasonal dishes. Below are some of the places which you can visit to savour the taste of Tagaytay’s cuisine:
• Bag of Beans: A bustling bed and breakfast that serves anything from pizza to fresh fish and pasta, the Bag of Beans is a favourite of both locals and tourists alike. People especially praise their 24-hour breakfast service – perfect for a late brunch!
• The Farm Organics: Open every day from 10 am, the restaurant prides itself in serving completely organic dishes to its customers. It’s located in the Twin Lakes area and offers good food at a reasonable price, exactly what the tourist visitor needs.
• Sonya’s Garden: If you’re in the mood for freshly baked bread and an all-you-can-eat special, then Sonya’s Garden is the place for you. The garden serves salads, dips, locally sourced meat and bread (all organic of course).
Find cheap hotels in Tagaytay
SMART TRAVEL TIP — Book your stay sooner when you’re travelling to take advantage of affordable rooms.
1.VILLA IBARRA 130 Gen E.Aguinaldo Hi-Way, Brgy. Maharlika East, Tagaytay City
2. TAAL VISTA HOTEL Kilometer 60, Aguinaldo Highway, Tagaytay City
3. HOTEL KIMBERLY Amadeo Road, Brgy. Kaybagal North, Crisanto Ave., Tagaytay
4. DAJ SUITES Emilio Aguinaldo Highway, Maitim 2nd, Tagaytay City
5. NURTURE WELLNESS VILLAGE Pulong Sagingan, Barangay Maitim II West Cavite, Tagaytay
6. VIEW PARK HOTEL Calamba Road, Sungay East, Tagaytay City
7. DISCOVERY COUNTRY SUITES Calamba Road, San Jose, Tagaytay City
8. THE LAKE HOTEL TAGAYTAY Km.58, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo Highway, Brgy. Maharlika East, Tagaytay City
9. HOTEL MONTICELLO General Emilio Aguinaldo Highway (past km 60) Barangay Kaybagal South, Tagaytay City
10 SUMMIT RIDGE TAGAYTAY Km 58 General Emilio Aguinaldo Highway, Maharlika West, Tagaytay City
Compare rates & search all accommodations in Tagaytay
Get lowest rates for online hotel bookings in Tagaytay. Choose cheap/budget to luxury hotels and see the best rates & discounts you can book today. Enter your travel details and search.
Tagaytay provides a relaxing escape from all the worries of urban city life. Visit the summer capital of the Philippines now, bask in the glory of Lake Taal and get in touch with Mother Nature!