Rizal in Dapitan Summary
I always believe in the ideologies of Dr. Jose Rizal. Philippine National Hero, a Nationalist , advocate for great reforms in the Philippines during spanish times. Rizal was able to put his principles into his writings. A genuine idealist but not blinded by idealism. His thoughts are known and well preserved until now. And it’s truly timeless. His story had a strong foundation from values to patriotism. His life is full of surprises and drama . And his death? It was so tragic and unforgettable.
July 6, 1892, Dr. Jose P. Rizal was arrested. July 17, 1982 he was deported and arrived in Dapitan without the benefit of a trial. From that day until the 31st of July in 1896, Dapitan became the living witness to one of the most productive moments of our National hero’s life. It was the a period when Rizal aside from carrying out his passion in the arts and literature. He devoted his time to community services, civil works, medical practices , educational advocacy and development in Dapitan which is now dubbed as the Shrine City of the Philippines.
Dakak Park and Beach Resort: Cliff Casitas Infinity Pool, Villa Angelina Suites | Zamboanga Peninsula
Luxurious resorts – some people may have the misconception that the accommodation options are very rugged and traditional in Zamboanga[…]
THE AMAZING SECRET OF THE RELIEF MAP OF MINDANAO Today, the most popular relic of Dapitan City is the relief[…]
Located in the southwest region of the Philippines, The Zamboanga Peninsula is the smallest region in Mindanao. To make up[…]
1. Rizal was brought under a maximum security to the steamer S.S. Cebu headed by Capt. Delgras on the 15th of July, 1892, which sailed for Dapitan.
2. Captain Ricardo Carnicero is the Spanish commandant of Dapitan when Rizal was banished in the city. Rizal eventually wrote a poem entitled ” A Don Ricardo Carnicero” on the occasion of the commandant’s birthday on the 26th of August, 1892. Rizal temporarily lived in the house of the commandant in Calle Real.
3. Investing in lottery tickets is the only vice of Rizal. On September 21, 1892 Dapitan burst in hectic excitement because a boat from Butuan was approaching the town with colored pennants bringing the happy tidings that the lottery ticket with the permutation 9736 jointly owned by Captain Carnicero , Rizal and Francisco Equilor won the second prize of Php 20,000 in the government-owned Manila lottery.
4. CASA REDONDA is one room octagonal house which originally functioned as Rizal’s pupil dormitory. It was later on converted into a clinic where Rizal operate the eyes of his patients.
5. CASA CUADRADA is a dormitory to accommodate the growing number of his pupil. The underneath served as workshop area of the pupils.
6. CASA RESIDENCIA is the main house of Rizal where his family members stated during their visit. This house encircled with a veranda which is a Japanese inspired.
7. Rizal’s most significant contribution in the scientific world was his discovery of three species
8. A piece of land at Sitio Daanlungsod in the Lubugan was bought by Rizal which is now a Municipality of Katipunan.
9. Rizal wanted to remain in Mindanao and planned to colonize Ponot , located at the Western Coast of the island near Sindangan where he intended to plant coconuts, coffee and cacao.
Over a hundred year Old Dipolog Cathedral whose hand carved ceiling remains intact to this day. The altar was designed by our national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal.
10. In July of 1877, Fr. Jose Vilaclara, Rizal’s former teacher in Ateneo and then Parish priest of Dipolog Church requested him to do some pencil sketches of the best altars which was eventually used in designing the altar of the church.
11. In 1896, Rizal felt in love with an Irish girl named Josephine Bracken. Their love bear its fruit but Bracken gave birth to a one month premature baby boy who lived only for three hours. The child was buried in Dapitan, hearing the name Francisco, after Rizal’s father.
Rizal is known in the Philippines and in the world as the first global Filipino. Rizal traveled to other countries and learned different culture and language. From the Philippines, Jose Rizal visited Spain, France, Austria, Czech Republic, Italy and Germany. According to history books, our Philippine National Hero has a very strong link to European Nations. Rizal was a genuine nomad. Now I feel like I want to travel around the globe like Jose Rizal. If social media existed during his time I bet he would have created his own blog as well.
Rizal is also a physician, farmer, artist, educator , inventor, business person , engineer and a hero.
Rizal: The First Filipino. Manila. National Historical Institute, – Guerrero, Leon Ma (1987)
Jose Rizal: Life, Works and Writings.- Zaide, Gregorio F. 2005
Top travel blogs and guides in the Philippines
Travelling is considered to be a hobby for many. However, it is not always just about going on vacation once[…]
Who would have thought that this simple yet elegant Church in Baler made a huge contribution in the history of[…]
One of the things that most of the backpackers do is to look for an inexpensive hotel or places to[…]
At first, I did not know that there is such a place called Luisiana in the Philippines. For all I[…]
Angono is often referred to as the Art Capital in the Philippines. This is due to the fact that artistic[…]
Promo fares + Seat Sale
- The Professional Ethics of Online Dating
- Foods to Gain Weight Quickly and Safely
- What Should You Know about Going on a Liveaboard?
- Passport Technology Inc. and Automated Systems America Inc. Combine to Form Leading Gaming Payments Technology Company
- GLOW SHENZHEN 2020 opens: an exploration of art by the Chinese “city of technology”