A liveaboard vessel is akin to a floating hotel since you live in it while on your vacation. It is a ship that you live on as well as use it to travel to various destinations.
Many scuba divers opt for the liveaboard experience instead of living on land and traveling to diving sites every day. It is not only convenient but also cheaper than hiring boats to sail out daily. Also, it cuts down preparation time as you will not need to pack and unpack for every trip.
Your liveaboard vessel takes you to all your diving destinations. For instance, if you choose to sail the expansive Indonesian archipelago, you will conveniently access a wide variety of world-class diving sites.
Reasons Why the Liveaboard is the Best Option
Three compelling reasons include the following:
- Easy to access diving sites
- Convenient and cost-friendly
- An excellent option for training and gaining diving experience
- Easy Access to Dive Sites
Many of the popular dive sites are quite a distance from the shore. Accessing them via a liveaboard vessel is easier as you are already on the sea.
- Convenient and Cost-Friendly
Hiring a boat for daily use to sail to the dive sites may rack up quite a sum. Additionally, it is more convenient. You avoid the inconvenience of traveling to and from the boat. With a liveaboard, you are already on the boat, and your stuff is ready to go.
- Training and Diving Experience
If you are a novice diver, a liveaboard is an excellent option for training and earning your certification. Also, it helps you to build experience, as well as confidence.
Who is Eligible to a Liveaboard Adventure?
The short answer is everyone. Anyone can opt to have the liveaboard experience. However, if you are going for a diving safari, some companies may require you to have adequate experience. However, if you are going for a diving safari, you may be required to have some experience.
Therefore, an inexperienced diver may need to look for special arrangements such as itineraries that do not come with restrictions.
Another alternative is to opt for liveaboard boats that have the diving certificates option. These allow you to enjoy diving under instruction from an experienced diver or trainer.
Why Should You Opt for a Liveaboard Diving Vacation?
There is everything to gain from choosing the liveaboard experience for your diving excursions. While you can go for a land-based vacation and make the boat trip to various sites, a liveaboard vessel gives you a better experience.
Here are a few reasons why you should choose the liveaboard diving vacation.
- You can easily access the farthest diving sites. Some of these may be impossible to reach if you have to keep going back and forth.
- It is easy for you because you have everything you need onboard. You will not need to assemble and dismantle equipment every trip you make. Also, the staff is at hand to help should you need it.
- The ship is your hotel as you live in it. You wake up and begin your activities as soon as you are ready. There are no traveling, packing, or arrangements to make. It gives you more time to allocate to your diving activities.
- You can get a lot of diving done while you are on the boat. A diving holiday means many diving sessions scheduled for the duration of your stay. A liveaboard allows you to allocate as much time as you need to diving adventures.
- It allows for flexibility as your boat is always on the move. You can dive during the day even when other guests are not around.
A liveaboard vacation is the best experience you will ever have. Diving enthusiasts often opt for the liveaboard option so that they can dive to their hearts’ desires. It allows you to indulge in your passion and also opens up the sea to you in an uninhibited way.